Monday, September 7, 2009

What is Graphic Design?

In the simplest aspect, graphic design is a form of visual communication. Graphic design is the heart and soul of advertisements, road signs, product packaging, books... (the list goes on extensively). So basically, it is an artistic feature of our everyday lives. It can be simple text, text a little vamped up, a catchy logo, or a huge billboard. It is implemented in the design community to create interest, to persuade. I would say that people are impacted numerous times throughout the day by graphic design, whether it is "I just saw the McDonald's arches. Now I'm hungry. I will eat at McDonald's," or "That store logo looks sophisticated. I will shop there." The success of a graphic design concept is largely based on how well the composition is laid out. If it is straightforward and clean-cut, a customer will be more likely to look twice at a product. A lot goes into the art of graphic design, and I am very interested to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment